1946-2016 A historic Greek industry


VIORYL was founded in 1946 by Dr Alexander Stavropoulos, a dedicated chemist and professor at the University of Piraeus. It started as a laboratory for the study of natural products mainly focusing on research on production processes and applications of essential oils.


In 1960 the fragrance and flavor production units were inaugurated.


In 1966 Vioryl moved its operations to privately owned facilities in Kifissia.


In 1972 it took its current form (limited company).

Thanks to a large investment in technological equipment, VIORYL soon evolved to a modern chemical industry with activities focusing on the development and production of industrial fragrances, flavours, fine chemicals and plant health products with an emphasis on plant nutrition, plant protection and organic agriculture products.


Establishment of the Biotechnology unit.


Development of Insect Pest Control Systems for organic farming.


ECOTRAP patent and exclusive production.


Establishment of the Aromatic Fine Chemicals production unit.


Quality System Certification ISO 9002 and since 2002, ISO 9001.


2003 marks a milestone in the evolution of VIORYL and the beginning of a new era since its headquarters moved to new premises in Afidnes, Attica whereas its production activities were transferred to a new plant in Eleonas, Boeotia covering a total of 9,400 square metres in buildings on an area of 28,500 square metres.


In 2012 Vioryl’s brand new Fragrance & Flavour production facilities were inaugurated in Thiva, resulting in the doubling of Fragrance and the tripling of Flavour production capacities.


FSSC 22000 certification.

Its dynamic evolvement in scientific research combined with the commitment to quality and close cooperation with customers, provide VIORYL with a competitive advantage and have gained the company an excellent reputation worldwide.